The Rescue Train is more than just an animal rescue. We recognize that the human-animal bond is a mutually beneficial and powerful relationship. Pets not only give us companionship and unconditional love, but they also are a key element in the quality of our life.
Here are just a few of the ways our pets improve our life on a regular basis:
- EXERCISE - You are more likely to go on daily walks and be more active when you have a dog. With a feline friend, you are bound to drag a toy across the room for entertainment and exercise. These regular activities help burn calories and reduce pet parents’ blood pressure, making you less likely to get heart disease.
- REDUCE STRESS - When petting your dog or cat, a relaxation hormone is released that helps sooth and ease any stress, potentially lowering your blood pressure.
- LONELINESS - It’s a great feeling to know a living creature is always there for you, unconditionally, no matter how you feel or look on any given day. Pets give a sense of belonging and meaning, and you will feel less alone in the world.
- SOCIAL FULLFILLMENT - Pets are always the center of attention, and you’ll be entertained by watching them and talking about them. They will always help give you opportunities to connect with other people.
- HAPPINESS - A pet’s unconditional love and respect makes you feel supported and allows you to be happier, more positive person.
- LOWER RISK OF ALLERGIES - Studies have shown that being around pets early in life can reduce the risk of developing allergies.